The Asian cuisine took over the world in the past decade with foods from all around the continent making their into our heart's and stomachs. One traditional Asian dish that everybody loves in the Pad Thai with its delicious sauce and hearty ingredients. The traditional Pad Thai is served with some form of meat, but not everyone like the taste of the dish when combined with meat. Thankfully, the tofu is a great supplement for meat as it adsorbs flavors and can be combined in a variety of dishes. Is you're looking for a quick lunch or dinner recipe, you should definitely try this vegan Pad Thai recipe that is easy to make and delicious to eat. Enjoy!
for 2 servings:
- ¼ cup (60 mL) rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) soy sauce
- ⅓ cup (75 g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vegan worcestershire
- ¼ cup (55 g) tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ bunch green onion, or chinese chives. sliced plus more for serving
- 2 red thai chiles, sliced plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup (50 g) bean sprout
- ¼ cup (30 g) roasted unsalted peanut
- 8 oz (110 g) tofu, cooked, cubed
- Soak the rice noodles in room-temperature water for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Make the sauce: in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and tamarind paste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron pan or wok over high heat. Add the peanut oil, scallions, chiles, and garlic. Stir, and cook for about 2 minutes until scallions soften. Add the carrots, stir to incorporate, and cook for about 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts and stir to incorporate.
- Add soaked rice noodles and stir to evenly distribute all ingredients, then stir for 1-2 minutes to heat the noodles through.
- Add the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the tofu, stir to incorporate, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve immediately with peanuts, bean sprouts, scallions, and red chiles, if desired.