If you ever tought about what's better – cinnamon rolls or Danishes, we have the answer for you: cinnamon swirl Danish. The sweet and sticky delight doesn't require much work, so you can make it in the morning if you are feeling up to it, or at any time you are craving a sweet pastry. The delicious baked swirl will tickle your taste buds, and you should get ready for your family and friends to ask you to make it all the time... Enjoy!
for 5 servings:
nonstick cooking spray
8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
17.5 oz (495 g) puff pastry, 1 sheet
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ cup (80 g) powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk, or heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven 350°F (180°C) to and grease an 8-inch (20-cm) round cake pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, ¼ cup (50 G) of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and the vanilla until smooth.
3. Transfer the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag or plastic bag with a large round tip.
Roll out the puff pastry until it’s ⅛-inch (½-cm) thick.
4. Pipe the cream cheese mixture along one short edge of the pastry sheet, then roll up until just sealed.
5. Use a knife to cut along the edge to create one roll.
6. Repeat three more times, or until all the puff pastry is used.
7. Begin to twist the first roll to create a swirl.
8. Connect the next piece of dough by pinching to seal the edge to the end of the first piece.
9. Continue to wrap and seal all pieces until finished.
10. Using a spatula transfer the dough to the cake pan.
11. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the remaining tablespoon of sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon.
12. Brush the butter mixture over the dough.
13. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
15. In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
16. Pour the glaze over the danish swirl.