Why You Need to Run an Unclaimed Money Search!
Read Where Nearly $60 Billion of Unclaimed Cash is Coming From
The term Unclaimed Money has been dominating headlines over the past few years, but many people remain unsure as to what unclaimed money is. In short, unclaimed money is money found in different institutions that has had no recent activity, meaning that the person the money belongs to has not claimed it. Over the years, unclaimed money gets accumulated in different establishments, and in 2018, it reached an all-time high of nearly $60 in the United States. Due to the fact that it is essentially forgotten, unclaimed money is also referred to as 'abandoned money' that can be found in places such as:
- Tax refunds
- Unclaimed Money
- Savings bonds (Only in the U.S)
- State-held unclaimed property
- Life insurance
- Uncashed paychecks
According to national and also state laws, unclaimed money and property are out of bounds for the establishments that hold it. This means that they cannot use it, even if the owner of the funds is deceased. This also means that the rightful owners (or their relatives) of any unclaimed money or property can claim them back at any time and receive them without contest.
What is an Unclaimed Money Search?
Claiming back unclaimed money begins with the search of the states and establishments where it is found. Conducting such a search by going to each state where you lived is not only time consuming, but also impossible to do. In order to make the search easier and faster, you can now use unclaimed money search websites that do the work for you, and help you find the funds that are rightfully yours.
Unclaimed money search websites provide you with information about your missing funds and estates by scanning millions of public records all across the United States. The scan can be conducted in every state you lived or had business in, which allows you to find money all across the country with ease. When choosing an unclaimed money search service, you have to make sure that they offer you the following services that will help you get the best and most accurate results:
- Unlimited searches – unclaimed money can be found in every state you either lived in, or had business in, so it is important that you have the chance to search for it in every place you have been to.
- Simple interface – the best unclaimed money search websites require nothing more that your basic details, such as your full name and the state in which you want to conduct the search, to search unclaimed money for you.
- Around the clock customer service – an unclaimed money search can be difficult for some, so it is imperative that you have an available customer service that will provide you with answers to any questions you may have.
- Alert and notifications – as public records keep getting updated, it is possible that one day you will not find unclaimed money that belongs to you, but a short while after, the unclaimed money will appear under your name. It is therefore recommended that you look for an unclaimed money search engine that can provide you with alerts in case of any changes.
- Access to background checks – if you wish to enquire about unclaimed money that belongs to your relatives, living or deceased, you need an unclaimed money search service that also allows you to look for long lost relatives, or the estate of your family members.
How Can I Claim Unclaimed Money?
As stated before, unclaimed money can be claimed back at any time by filing forms to the establishments that hold it. Several unclaimed money search websites provide you with the necessary papers to claim the money back, so you merely need to fill them and file them. After the papers are processed, you will receive the money you are entitled to within 120 days and will be able to use it for whatever you need
Is Running an Unclaimed Money Search Free?
You can search for unclaimed money by yourself and lookup unclaimed property that may belong to you. To do that, you would need to go to your local state government website and begin a search. This can be time consuming and a little tricky. Unclaimed money search services allow you to perform a simultaneous search from multiple data sources. This increases your chances of finding unclaimed money that may belong to you and will also make it a lot easier to collect your money. Most websites require a free but offer 100% money back guarantee as well as 24/7 customer service you can call into, incase you may have questions.